👋 Join the Police Rewired community
💬 Join or Return to our Discord server
- 11:00 - 12:30 start
- 12:30 - 13:00 break for lunch
- 13:00 - 14:15 early afternoon session
- 14:15 - 14:30 stretch your legs
- 14:30 - 15:30 final stretch
- 15:30 - 16:00 wind down, helping each other
Welcome to the study room
Welcome to the study room. This is where you can find all the resources we'll be using on the day for the NSA Python study group.
🌟 The course is designed for self-study or classroom work.
🌟 We will work together on the course material, and support each other.
🌟 We will make inroads on the first few modules and assess the course material together.
💬 Use Discord to share with the group. We're in channel: #nsa-python-study-group
Ways of working
The format of the event is a live stream for everyone to view, combined with smaller working groups facilitated by a social cafe (created by the brilliant Kevin Lewis).
We'll explore the text of the course together through a live stream and Discord - use the #nsa-python-study-group channel to ask, comment and answer as we work through it.
A we reach exercises or hands-on sections, we'll use the social cafe so that you can talk in groups while doing it.
Keep the live stream open - so you can hear when it's time to start again.
Shared tools (below)
- Live stream - where we'll be presenting the material
- Social cafe - where you can work together in groups on exercises
- Library - with deep links to each module in the source material
Join the study group at 11.00am on Saturday 28th.
Join the social cafe to work together with others in smaller groups during the exercises.
- We have randomly assigned you a table number to help evenly distribute people across all the tables.
- Ideally each table will have a mix of abilities - so feel free to ask and answer questions.
- If you'd like to talk to the room at large, you can use our Discord server (join | return), we're in channel #nsa-python-study-group
- Use the library to dive into the source material for our course.
- Each link below takes you to the start of a module.
Basics of Python
- Lesson 01: Introduction - your first python program
- Lesson 02: Variables and Functions
- Lesson 03: Flow Control
- Lesson 04: Container Data Types
- Lesson 05: File Input and Output
- Lesson 06: Development Environment and Tooling
- Lesson 07: Object Orienteering - using classes
- Lesson 08: Modules, Namespaces and Packages
- Lesson 09: Exceptions, Profiling and Testing
- Lesson 10: Iterators, Generators and Duck Typing
- Lesson 11: String Formatting
- Homeworks and Exercises
Advanced topics and modules
- Module: Collections and Itertools
- Module: Command-line arguments
- Module: Dates and times
- Module: Interactive user input with ipywidgets
- Module: GUI basics with TKinter
- Module: Logging
- Module: Math and more
- Module: Visualization
- Module: Pandas
- Module: A bit about Geos
- Module: My first web application
- Module: Network communication over HTTPS and sockets
- Module: HTML processing with BeautifulSoup
- Module: Operations with compression and archives
- Module: Regular expressions
- Module: Hashes
- Module: SQL and Python
- Module: Structured data: CSV, XML and JSON
- Module: System interaction
- Module: Threading and subprocesses
- Module: Machine learning introduction