Hack the Police 3
The crime-fighting hackathon
Hack the Police 3, the original policing hackathon, took place in two locations during December 2018.
The event was conceived and led entirely by volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds including policing, software development, volunteerism and the charity sector.
✅ Hold two events where communities, and developers who have never encountered police before can meet police officers and solve problems together with them.
✅ Develop innovative, presentable, solutions to policing problems that could practically be implemented.
✅ Build relationships between Police Rewired, CSCV, researchers, and police bodies who could potentially trial and support these new technologies - to impact and increase their capabilities.
✅ Have tremendous fun and create a buzz about policing, crime fighting and innovation!
✅ Held across 2 locations: Lincoln and London.
✅ 16 wide-ranging and creative projects.
✅ Working prototypes including:
- community ANPR,
- virtual reality investigation review,
- machine learning to summarise crime reports, and
- machine learning for crime-scene blood-spatter analysis.
✅ London welcome from AC Sir Stephen House.
✅ Lincoln welcomes from ACCs Kerrin Wilson and Richard Berry.
✅ London judging panel:
- PCC Katy Bourne (Sussex and lead for IT)
- CI Grace Blake-Turner (Police Now and MPS)
- Dr Laura Knight (IPSCJ)
- Charlene-Elise Anderson (Amazon Web Services)
- Sean McGee & Simon Ingle (ESRI)
✅ Lincoln judging panel:
- DCC Craig Naylor (Lincolnshire Police)
- DI Jo Reeves (Lincolnshire Police)
- Greg Stevenson (Lincolnshire Police)
- Chris Gardiner (ESRI)
- Scott Dunn (G4S)
✅ Interest from policing bodies to progress these innovations.
Hack the Police would not have been possible without our policing supporters...